“Sometimes, hunting is the only thing that makes sense”
The climate is mild in winter to very hot during summer time. Temperatures in winter vary between a minimum of 13 degrees Celsius early morning up to 24 degrees Celsius at noon. Temperatures in summer vary from an average of 18 degrees Celsius early morning to 35 degrees Celsius at noon. The humidity is moderate in summer and slight in winter. The rainy season is from November to March. The average rainfall varies between 280 – 300 mm annually.
Passport & Visas
- Foreigners must be in possession of a passport that will remain valid for at least six months after the intended date. While flying through South Africa, make sure you have at least two blank pages in your passport for visa stamps, more if you are adding stops to other countries in your itinerary.
- U.S. Department of State – Passport Services and Information www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
to find out if you need to apply for a Visa in advance, a great resource with free information is the Travel Document System (TDS) at www.traveldocs.com.
- We offer trophy preparations at clients own cost. Your trophy will be packed and transported to the taxidermist after the chemical preparation has been completed.
- A minimal fee is charged per trophy for administration and delivery to the exporting taxidermy.
Transport / Travel
Hunting weapons can be imported to South Africa and is free (declaration at customs upon arrival will be needed). Please note that lockable cases are required for firearms and ammunition by airlines.
- Airline ticket(s) and itinerary.
- Valid passport with visa(s) if required. (Please ensure that you have copies of your passport and visa)
- A driver’s license.
- Phone numbers of family and friends.
- Lubeksdal Farming will provide you with a Contact Information Sheet, please ensure that you carry the list with you at all times.
- You may also wish to give a copy to family members and/or a friend along with your itinerary so they can reach you if they need to.
- To make it easier for everyone, include the international dialing codes (South Africa’s country dialing code is +27)
- Copies of prescription medication.
We maintain basic first aid kits, but you are responsible for any personal and prescription medication. Please inform us of any medical conditions you might have and ensure you have proper medical cover. We recommend that you check with your physician regarding health regulations and immunization requirements prior to departure.